Thank you for your interest in the MCBA Artist-in-Residence Program.
Applications must be made online, using the form below.
The application deadline for Summer 2018 residencies is February 1, 2018.
Please follow the guidelines below for all required application materials. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Please do not mail any application materials. If you experience technical difficulties and cannot submit your application online, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-215-2520.
Required application materials:
- A letter of intent explaining how a residency at Minnesota Center for Book Arts will benefit your artistic development, and what you offer the MCBA community (no more than one page)
- A current resume or CV with exhibition record (no more than two pages)
- An artist statement articulating past themes in your work, creative methods, and directions for future work (no more than one page)
- A detailed project proposal for work to be performed during the residency, including a project timeline with specific dates (no more than two pages)
- Up to 10 digital images of past work; images should be JPG format, 72dpi, no larger than 1500 pixels in height or width, max 1 MB each
- An image list, including titles, dimensions, mediums and dates
When you click “Submit your application,” a spinning circle will appear; this indicates that your materials are being uploaded. If the circle spins for longer than a few minutes, this may mean there was a technical issue with your application. The most common error is that your image files are too large. Please confirm that your files are all under 1MB each, and if necessary, resize your files and try again.
If you have continued technical issues with the submission process, please contact us at email@example.com; include “AIR application” in the subject of your email.
If your application was submitted successfully, you will receive a confirmation email. If you have not received a confirmation email within one day of submitting, please contact Sarita Zaleha at firstname.lastname@example.org; include “AIR application” in the subject of your email.