Join the MCBA Artist Co-op!
Co-op membership applications are reviewed on a rolling basis by current co-op members and MCBA staff. For more information or to apply, download the full membership guidelines and application forms below. If you have questions, contact us at email@example.com or 612-215-2520.
About the MCBA Artist Co-op
The MCBA Artist Cooperative is a welcoming community of artists dedicated to the book arts. Co-op membership is open to artists with demonstrated interest in papermaking, binding, letterpress, relief printmaking and/or screenprinting; membership offers extended access to a wide range of equipment in MCBA’s studios. The Co-op is a great environment in which to receive feedback on work in progress, get help troubleshooting a project, spark new collaborations and enjoy fellowship. Co-op members can also take part in exhibition opportunities, skill-sharing workshops, class tuition discounts and more.
Co-op member benefits:
- 24-hour access to the MCBA printing, binding and papermaking studios
- 70/30 consignment split on work for sale in The Shop
- 50% discount on MCBA class tuition (subject to class enrollment)
- On-site secure artist storage
- Preferred press access on Open Studio nights
- Exhibition opportunities
- Study, teaching, and mentor opportunities
- Participation in an active community of working artists
- Opportunities to participate in MCBA special events
Co-op membership dues are $165/month, with a minimum six month commitment. Volunteer opportunities are available to reduce dues to as low as $110 per month. A limited number of short-term memberships (three to five month commitment) may be available, based on studio capacity. Short-term membership dues are $195 per month. Short-term membership dues may not be reduced by volunteering.
For more details about applying to the MCBA Artist Co-op, see the application material links at the left.
Current Artist Co-op members:
Georgia A. Greeley