Minnesota Center for Book Arts (MCBA) is not currently accepting applications for Internships. Sign up for our e-newsletter to be the first to know about future employment opportunities.
Internship opportunities are unpaid. In addition to on-the-job experience and being part of the vibrant downtown arts community, interns receive a free one-year membership to MCBA. After completion of 100 hours, interns qualify for a free MCBA Adult Education class or workshop of up to 12 hours (intern must pay supply fee if applicable).
For students interested in a 15-20 hour per week internship, duties for two departments may be combined at the applicant and MCBA’s agreement.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis for the following periods:
Spring (January to May): applications due December 15
Summer (June to August): applications due May 1
Fall (September to December): applications due August 29
To apply for these positions, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter discussing past experience and why you want to work at MCBA
- A professional resume
- Contact info for three references (name, title, phone number, email address)
Please specify preferred internship area(s) in the subject line of the email and in your cover letter.
Minnesota Center for Book Arts (MCBA) is not currently accepting applications for Studio Monitors. Please check back during the summer for Studio Monitor positions beginning September 1, 2018 to support MCBA’s Open Studio program. Studio monitors are important ambassadors to MCBA’s artist community and play a key role in creating a welcoming and supportive learning environment.
The Open Studio program provides artists with regular, low-cost access to our studios and equipment outside of workshops and classes. Participants work on projects in MCBA’s well-equipped bindery, paper studios, print studio or composition room and enjoy the fellowship and camaraderie of fellow artists. Participants must have adequate training to work independently in the area(s) they wish to utilize. The Open Studio sessions occur on Tuesday evenings from 6-9pm, as well as some Saturdays (times vary).
In exchange for this service, Studio Monitors receive:
- 24-hour access to MCBA studios and equipment (experience permitting)
- A 4-month (May – August) MCBA membership, which includes a 10% discount on all non-consignment products in the Shop and discounted fees for classes
- 1 free audit for MCBA classes during the summer session (supply Fee will need to be paid in full, and audits can be overridden by any paying class attendees)
- Storage space, including 1 cabinet shelf and 1 flat file
To apply, please submit the following to Ruby Figueroa, Technical Facilities Coordinator, email@example.com.
- 10 images of recent work
- Image list
- Two references
- A brief statement detailing your training in the area you are applying for and what you hope to accomplish with access to MCBA’s studios. If you have relevant skills in more than one area, you are welcome to apply for multiple positions.
- Studio monitors must be available for all scheduled Open Studio sessions. Specific dates listed in position descriptions.