Join us for our Saturday pop-up events!
September 18–October 30, 2021
Free and open to the public
After being physically closed to the public for a year and a half, MCBA is ready to welcome you back to our space and embrace that maker spirit of yours!
Please review our health and safety guidelines here.
E V E R Y S A T U R D A Y F R O M S E P T 1 8 – O C T 3 0
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Visit the Shop for DISCOUNTS & ACTIVITIES
- Make your own commemorative print on our nifty new mini press!
- Fold and take home a climate change-focused zine, courtesy of Regula Russelle!
- Take 10% off* retail cards, books on creativity, journals, art supplies, children’s items, gifts, and more by mentioning the code OPENDOORS at the register. Members take 20% off*!
*Excludes consignment and clearance items
- Any purchase will also score you a coupon for our friendly neighborhood pizza joint, Day Block Brewing.
Tour the EXHIBITIONS in our galleries
- See Solastalgia: Book Art & the Climate Crisis in person! Drop in for gallery tours at 11am and 2pm.
- Check out Victory in the Outlook Gallery, a painted fiber panel by Kay Healy that documents her journey into parenthood
Return to the STUDIOS
Our galleries and Shop will continue to be open Saturdays from 10am–5pm through the end of the year!
S E L E C T S A T U R D A Y S
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Discover book arts with the following SPECIAL GUESTS
Saturday, September 18 | 11am
Join us for an opening gallery tour of Solastalgia: Book Art & the Climate Crisis with exhibition curator Torey Erin! Check out the virtual exhibition here.
Saturday, September 25 | 2–4pm
Join Elana Schwartzman of Fontlove Studio and Proof Public for the launch of The New Day, a book featuring her letterpress-printed weekly newspapers exploring pandemic life. Hear Elana speak about the project and witness the printing of a special New Day edition! PLUS: Become part of the project!Elana wants your 10-word stories for a special edition of The New Day, which she will design and print in person at MCBA! Submit your story here!
Saturday, October 2
PLUS, you’re invited to a group bike ride to MCBA on Saturday morning with Monica and Executive Director Elysa Voshell! Contact Monica for meet-up details.
Join San Antonio-based book artist Keri Miki-Lani Schroeder for a free demo entitled Boxes of Unusual Shapes & Sizes! This demonstration covers helpful tips and tricks for making boxes and enclosures with unusual shapes, sizes, and functions.
Saturday, October 16 | 2–5pm
Participate in papermaking, pulp painting, and native prairie planting with Paper Plains! All ages are welcome.
Thank you to our Open Doors sponsors!
James & Susan Lenfestey
Erica Spitzer Rasmussen & Kraig Rasmussen
KC Foley & Jon Neuse
Randy Hartten & Ron Lotz
Lyndel & Blaine King
Harriet & Bruce Bart
Duncan & Sophia Campbell
Heather RJ Fletcher
Mary Pat Ladner
Regula & Michael Russelle
Marguerite Ragnow Campion & Joe Campion