MCBA/Jerome Book Arts Fellowships Application Call
Application Cycle Open: August 1, 2019 – September 3, 2019
Application Deadline: Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 11:59pm
Monday, August 5 at 12:00 PM
Thursday, August 15 at 6:00 PM
Thursday, August 22 at 6:00 PM
All information sessions are hosted at Minnesota Center for Book Arts
Applicants are welcome to e-mail Torey Erin with any questions about the application process at terin@MNbookarts.org
Applicants who do not meet all of the following criteria will not be considered.
- Artists whose primary work engages the book form and/or processes within book arts (letterpress printing, papermaking, bookbinding, paper decoration, screen printing, design, and related arts).
- Artists who are at early stages in their careers.
- Artists who are legal residents of the state of Minnesota and have been residents for at least a year prior to the submission of the application (determined by voting and/or payment of taxes in the state). Applicant must also have a street mailing address within Minnesota to be eligible to apply.
- Artists must reside in the state until the end of the 12-month Fellowship period.
- Artists must be able to provide evidence that they are an early career artist. Resume/CV will demonstrate limited, but promising exhibition exposure and no more than a few grants or fellowships in direct support of their work.
- Artists must be willing to participate in all events scheduled for the Jerome Book Arts Fellowship including meetings, critiques, events, exhibition installation and related activities.
- Artists must comply with all MCBA studio rules and regulations, including proper maintenance and equipment use.
- Artists applying as a collaborative team must make sure each artist involved meets the eligibility requirements.
- Artists who have received the MCBA/Jerome Book Arts Fellowship XIV (2017-2018) are not eligible for the MCBA/Jerome Book Arts Fellowship XV.
- Two-time recipients of the MCBA/Jerome Book Arts Fellowships are not eligible for this program.
- Artists who have received a McKnight Fellowship or another award for established or mid-career artists not eligible for this program.
- Students who are or will be at the time of the application and during the grant period enrolled in a degree-granting program either full or part-time (including K-12, graduate or postgraduate studies) are not eligible for this program.
- MCBA Staff members and current artist in residence are not eligible.
- Artists who do not currently live in the state of Minnesota and who did not consider MN their legal residence for the year leading up to the application are not eligible for this program.
- Artists who are mid-career, beyond emerging artist status: artists who have been substantially celebrated within their field, the media, funding circles, or the public at large are not eligible for this program.
Past Jerome Fellows
2017-2018 Series XIV
2015-2016 Series XIII