Join the MCBA community as an intern! We are currently accepting applications for the following program areas:
- Adult Education & Artist Programs. Dive into our programs for adults and artists! Tasks include workshop planning and scheduling support, marketing assistance, artist outreach, special event support, and general office duties. (One internship available.)
- Youth & Community Programs. Learn about and support our project-based book arts programming for youth! Tasks include assisting teaching artists with book arts workshops, studio set-up and clean up, supervising youth participants, preparing workshop materials, and occasional administrative duties. (One internship available.)
Interns typically work between 8-10 hours a week over a 10-12 week period. Internship opportunities are unpaid. In addition to on-the-job educational experience, interns receive a free one-year membership to MCBA and ongoing studio access through Open Studio. After completion of 100 hours, interns may register for a free MCBA Adult Education workshop of up to 12 hours (intern must pay supply fee if applicable).
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15th, 2019. Please specify preferred internship area(s) in the subject line of the email and in your cover letter.
General application dates:
- February to May 2020 – Applications due December 15, 2019
- June to August 2020 – Applications due April 15, 2020
- September to December 2020 – Applications due July 15, 2020