Call for Posters!
Bethel Woods Center for the Arts (Bethel, NY)
Bethel Woods Center for the Arts, a premiere concert venue and award winning arts center and museum, located in Bethel, NY, would like to invite artists and designers at the Minnesota Center for Book Arts to participate in a national poster design contest to commemorate the Woodstock 50th Anniversary! The contest will run from February 6 to March 21, and the winning designer will receive a $2,500 cash prize and an all expenses paid trip to come showcase their work at Bethel Woods during a 50th Anniversary celebration event focused on poster design featuring world renown poster artists. The winning design will be featured by Bethel Woods in an international communications effort for the Woodstock 50th.
The Woodstock festival of 1969 captured the spirit of a generation and the imagination of the world. Fifty years later, Bethel Woods seeks a poster design that will capture how this spirit of community and creativity continues.
- The Contest invites students, amateurs and professionals to design a poster that captures Bethel Woods’ mission to inspire, educate and empower individuals through the arts and humanities.
- The task is not to design another “festival poster,” but to express visually where the world can go together in the next fifty years.
- The poster should speak to our collective desire to build a kinder, more inclusive and enlightened society through the power of creativity, self-actualization, love and understanding.
- The winning poster will be used widely by Bethel Woods during the golden anniversary year.
- The Grand Prize will be a cash prize of $2,500, an all expenses paid trip to Bethel Woods Center for the Arts, and participation in a Vibrations event featuring world renown poster designers. In addition, several $500 prizes will be awarded to runners up.
For more information and to enter, please visit the official website