Teach at Minnesota Center for Book Arts
Minnesota Center for Book Arts invites teaching artists who practice letterpress printing, papermaking, paper decoration, bookbinding, screen printing, design, and related arts to submit proposals for adult workshops.
We are always looking for new, inventive, and diverse proposals for workshops. Workshops are selected based on current programmatic needs, while seeking to cover a variety of core book-related processes for a range of learners from beginner to seasoned practitioner.
MCBA offers classes in three sessions each year: Winter/Spring (January-April), Summer (May-August), and Fall (September-December). We accept proposals three times a year with deadlines for each session occuring about four months prior to the start of the session. The deadline to submit workshop proposals for fall 2019 is June 17th.
Submit a workshop proposal online (preferred):
Submit a workshop proposal via email:
Send the information for your workshop proposal listed below to Anna Bredeson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
– Workshop title
– Workshop description (including goals, skills learned, and what will be accomplished)
– List any prerequisites
– Preferred enrollment maximum
– List any physical considerations participants should be aware of (i.e. standing for long periods, etc.)
– Workshop duration and proposed dates and times
– Materials fee, per student
– Studio space needed (i.e. bindery, main level wet studio, lower level wet studio, typesetting, print shop, darkroom, tables and chairs in any studio)
– 3-5 images representing the project or techniques your workshop will cover (required; at least 750 pixels in both directions, horizontal images work best)
– Contact information
– Website or other web presence
– A short bio featuring past teaching experience and information about your work (3-5 sentences)
– Headshot (optional and preferred; at least 750 pixels in both directions, horizontal images work best)
– New teaching artists will also need to submit a resume or CV and two references