October 27–28, 2023
Main Gallery at MCBA
New Editions is a biennial pop-up showcase and sale of new artists’ prints and publications in the Main Gallery at MCBA. Kicking off with a ticketed preview party on Friday night, the sale continues on Saturday, featuring artists’ books, photo books, chapbooks, zines, broadsides, and hand-printed work by artists from around the country.
New Editions offers something for everyone, from art lovers to longtime collectors, with items listed at a variety of price points.
New Editions is presented by Wet Paint and Cathy Ryan & Doris Engibous.
Friday, October 27, 2023 • 6–9pm
$50 early bird / $65 at the door
- Get early access to the showcase and sale of 150+ new artists’ books, broadsides, chapbooks, photo books, zines, and hand-printed work by artists from across the US and beyond
- Experience artist demonstrations of marbling, hot foil stamping, and letterpress with mid-19th century hand presses (learn more below!)
- Enjoy food, wine, and craft beer
- Take home a limited-edition MCBA tote bag, designed by local screen printer and Artist Collective member Alex Prince, with the purchase of any artwork
- Participate in a raffle for artsy goodies from local businesses
Sneak a Peek
Find a complete list of participant bios here.
Meet the Demonstration Artists
Brien Beidler (he/him), a 2023 McKnight Book Artist Fellow at MCBA, will demonstrate his skill with hot foil stamping, a process by which gold foil can be adhered to leather or cloth book covers with heat and pressure.
Heather RJ Fletcher, MCBA teaching artist and author of Making Marbled Paper, will show off her finesse with an eyedropper, acrylic ink, and the special marbling combs she uses to transfer intricate patterns onto paper.
Local letterpress expert Bill Myers will be cranking our mid-19th century iron hand presses to produce takeaway prints for guests.
Saturday, October 28, 2023 • 10am–5pm
Explore new work from around the country during this public event! Marbling, book history, and other hands-on workshops will be offered in coordination with New Editions.
Become a sponsor! More information here.